Saturday, 28 March 2015

The Spirit of the Rose at Alexander McQueen AW15

So having the flu meant that I never really left the house over fashion week, but I did get a good look at some of the shows (Simone Rocha, House of Holland and Gareth Pugh). Unfortunately my longterm fave Alexander McQueen managed to slip through my kleenex-clutching fingers, but thanks to the lords of the internet, I got to see it a short while later, and boy was it magnificent.


There was a definite Victorian/Elizabeth I type-thing going on here, what with all the backcombed victorian-spinster-hair a la Miss Havisham. The whole dark, romantic, gothic mood was contrasted with sheer maxi-dresses and cutouts which meshed quite nicely. I've always loved the witchy way of dressing and oh god those maxi dresses. Just. Look.


Sarah Burton, you are God.

My song of the week this week is 27 Club by Chloe Black, enjoy :)