Friday, 14 October 2016

the bleak beauty and nihilistic appeal of cartoons

I haven't been outside much when I'm not in London because the deer are rutting, which is the antlered equivalent of thirsty straight white boys in the club. This is unappealing for all sorts of reasons, not least because they will try to ram/impale you (the deer, not thirsty white boys). This wouldn't affect most people but I go out for a cigarette at night and they make weird screaming noises at me. Because of this, I've been watching a lot on toonova, and have realised that the poetic beauty of modern-day cartoons is often under appreciated. So feast your eyes upon this, a lil collection of brilliantly satirical and aesthetically-appealing 2D moments:












Someone please start a tumblr dedicated to nihilistic/aesthetically appealing cartoons and in return I will buy you a pizza. That's all I have to say.

My song of the day today is How Come You Never Go There by Feist (Remix by Beck), enjoy